**READ AND KNOW THESE REGULATIONS**
**AS THEY SAY, IGNORANCE OF THE LAW IS NO EXCUSE**
- 1. The Sergeant-At-Arms (Range Officer) is in charge of all ranges for any event the Trapping Party is putting on. He may appoint another to stand in for him or assistants to help. In any case, the Sergeant-At-Arms’ or his appointees’ word is FINAL. The Trapping Party Sergeant-At-Arms could also be traveling to the different events for supervision or decisions that need to be handled.
- 2. You must have your medallion with your number on it in order to compete in any event.
- 3. Single patched round balls only. NO in-lines, polys, sabots or conicals.
- 4. 60 Grains maximum load on the rifle range and 20 grains maximum load on the pistol range: unless otherwise specified.
- 5. NO loading directly from the flask or powder horn. A POWDER MEASURER MUST BE USED.
- 6. Open sights only – NO peep sights, hooded, closed shades – unless the manufacturer supplies the gun with the shade. NO optics of any kind are allowed. NO In-Line etc. rifles or pistols. NO modern adjustable sights. Slings may be left on rifles or pistols but may not be used in any way to steady aim.
- 7. Any corrective eyeglasses, tinted or untinted, which are normally worn by the uses, are acceptable. NO Sunglasses. In addition any commercial shooting or safety glasses may be used EXCEPT those with yellow, red, dark blue or mirror finish lenses. NO optics of any kind may be attached to any portion of the eyeglasses. Final determination of acceptability shall be at the discretion of the Range Officer.
- 8. Proper offhand rifle position, unless stated otherwise during the events. NO BRACING, RESTING OR TRIPODING ALLOWED.
- 9. Double Gunning is not allowed on the rifle walk-thru, pistol walk-thru or other events, unless otherwise specified.
- 10. Two hand hold permitted in the pistol event, unless otherwise specified.
- 11. NO alcoholic beverages, drugs or smoking allowed by anyone actively participating in any event with a firearm. Anyone appearing to be “under the influence” of anything at the time of signing up or during an event will be asked to stand down until he/she is judged to be competent enough to go through the event. The Trapping Party Range Officer, Sergeant-at-arms and/or Captain will make this decision. This decision is final.
- 12. NO dry firing of caps or loading of guns in the primitive or modern camping areas. If you need to clear or sight-in your guns, check with the Range-Officer on the Rifle or Pistol ranges for the designated areas.
- 13. Rules for Archery, Knife, Hawk and Lance will be per posted standards, unless otherwise specified.
- 14. Juniors (15 and under) MUST be under adult supervision at all times while participating in shooting events.
- 15. Children 12 and under may compete with the juniors, if they so declare at registration. They will not be allowed to compete in Children’s events.
(3 to 11 years = Children, 12-15 years = Juniors, 16+ = Adults, 55+ = Ancient Ones)
- 16. Please see to it your children are advised of where all the range areas are and they are kept out of those areas.
- 17. NO SHOOTING OF WILDLIFE, TREES OR DISTURBANCE OF ANY WILDLIFE NESTS OR DESTRUCTION OF ANY KIND IS ALLOWED IN OR AROUND STONE CLIFF CANYON. Do not disturb the stone walks, mounds, borders, signs, fencing etc.
PRIMITIVE – Long Bow Only. Please bring your own bows & arrows. NO Fiberglass – Plastic Nocks and Dacron Strings OK. Rules posted at event – Tackle Restrictions include NO Fiberglass or Compound Bows, sights, mechanical releases or broadheads. This is one event you don’t want to miss!