RENDEZVOUS 2013! NOW (4) DAYS – ALWAYS LAST WEEK IN APRIL
APRIL 25, 26, 27, 28th !!
THE PUBLIC IS INVITED AND WELCOME 9:00 AM TO 7:00 PM. – all day Thursday, Fri, Sat and ½ day on Sunday.
DUE TO HUGE REQUESTS FROM PARTICIPANTS, TRADERS AND PUBLIC – WE ARE NOW A (4) DAY RENDEZVOUS – THURSDAY, FRI, SAT, 1/2 DAY SUNDAY
2013 BOOSHWAY: Soaring Bird (AL HONE) email@example.com
2012 BOOSHWAY: NAUGA-MOK (GARY BULLOCK) firstname.lastname@example.org
2011 BOOSHWAY: REBAR (DAVE POULSEN) 435-680-4897
YOU CAN ALSO CONTACT- JAWBREAKER (VIKKI WILDE) 435-673-9426 or email@example.com OR FOR TRADE QUESTIONS, CRAWDAD (FRED TORRES) 435-673-9810
We will be hosting our 4 DAY SPRING RENDEZVOUS at our Stone Cliff Canyon Camp, April 25th to 28th this year. We encourage you also to attend the San Rafael Fremont Rendezvous the first week in May 2013!
Our site of 120 acres at approximately 5000 feet elevation is located at the base of the pristine Pine Valley Mountains in Southern Utah. Our site’s name is Stone Cliff Canyon and is nestled among the piñon pines and juniper/cedar trees; it has a panoramic view of the mountains and easy access to the site from a main highway.
With the weather in Southern Utah perfect for a fantastic spring Rendezvous, we invite everyone to join us. We have warm days and cool to cold nights. Buckskins are worn during the day, with capotes, campfires and lodge stoves a must at night. The backdrop for our Rendezvous includes the beauty of snow on the mountain with the majestic red and purple mountains that surround the site. The Shoot ranges will test even the seasoned shooter, our Primitive Archery and Knife & Hawk events are unsurpassed anywhere in the West. Make our Rendezvous your spring getaway!
Just a mile back down the highway to the south lies Baker Reservoir, which gives our Trapping Party and friends another great outdoor option: FISH! Bring your tackle and eat fish for dinner for a change! The Reservoir has native German Browns as well as Rainbow Trout. There are a small number of Forest Service “tin-tee-pee” sites there as well; these are first come first served.
Period of Dress is Pre-1840 (encouraged but not required in TinTeePee). Site access: located about 1/2 mile off main highway – Utah State Hwy 18 – accessible over a good dirt road. There is a choice of Primitive or Tin-Tee-Pee camp areas; a Horse Camp is also available. It is a dry camp with firewood available; burn barrels or above-ground fires only unless exception approved (Primitive only). Primitive campers: please park and walk through to find your camp area; this will eliminate vehicle congestion in the primitive areas. There is a 1 hour camp unloading time from Thursday on. If you come early please do not leave your vehicles in the primitive areas after set up. We want to keep a Rendezvous atmosphere at all times.
THIS IS A THURSDAY, FRIDAY, SATURDAY, AND SUNDAY RENDEZVOUS with the following events: Rifle Walk Thru, Pistol Walk Thru, Shotgun Shoot, Smoothbore, Silhouette Shoot, Cannon Shoot, Rabbit Run, Primitive Archery, Knife & Hawk, Flint & Steel, Kids Games, Children’s “just for fun” Archery, Children’s “competition” Archery (Children’s long bows only), Candy Cannon, and Jr Buckskinner aggregate. Seminars from Buckskinners are encouraged and welcomed for Thursday. Please contact Never Home (Teresa Loris- after 2:00 pm at 435-574-0682) before Rondy.
Added in 2012!! Annual Utah State Knife and Hawk Championship! We hope for some great participation and are excited to add this unique competition to our Rendezvous… Competitions start Friday at 9:00 am and you must be pre-registered by Fri 8:45 am. No Exceptions!
We made a few changes so please review the following information:
- * DRY CAMP – BRING YOUR OWN WATER – FIREWOOD AVAILABLE
- * PRIMITIVE TRADERS ONLY – SEE THE TRADER’S PAGE
- * PUBLIC WELCOME from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm
- * Camp closes to public at 7:00 pm nightly. Pre-1840 Dress is Required in Camp after 7:00 pm for all Rendezvous participants and Guests. If you have guests present after 7:00 please have them in Pre-1840 dress or have them in a capote. Anyone not in Pre-1840 dress after 7:00 pm will be confronted.
- * Drinking of alcohol by anyone under the age of 21 is strictly prohibited. Violations to this rule will require you to vacate Rendezvous for the rest of the event.
- * We cannot control the weather, therefore trade fees and/or camp fees will not be refunded if you decide to leave or not show up due to weather conditions.
- * Vehicles Will Be Limited To Short Stays In the Primitive Areas at ALL TIMES. We Will Make Every Effort To Accommodate Your Arrival And Departure But We Do Not Want To Compromise The Primitive Rendezvous Experience. We do have hand carts available if you arrive late for camping in Primitive.
- * Check In At Registration Prior To Proceeding Into Primitive Camp
- * Camp & Range Rules Will Be Posted And Included With Your Registration
- * Some Shooting Range Reminders:
- o Shooting From the Pouch Only – (Round Ball & Patch)
- o Rifle – 60 Gr Maximum; Pistol – 20 Gr Maximum
- o NO DOUBLE GUNNING
- o PLEASE – NO NEW OR INEXPERIENCED shooters allowed on shooting line – Please take them out before Rendezvous so they are very familiar with their weapons, safety guidelines etc. Bringing someone to Rendezvous that has never shot before or shot with a group severely compromises the SAFETY and Rendezvous Experience for all other shooters.
- o No one without a Rendezvous participation # is allowed to shoot on the ranges. (Public or Inexperienced Shooters) Again it is a safety and insurance issue.
- o Please make sure your weapons are clean, oiled and in working order before you go thru any of the shoots. We all have problems at times with our weapons and the Range Officer will gladly help you out but this would cut down on most of the issues.
- * Archery
- + Primitive – Long Bow Only. Please Bring Your Own Bows & Arrows.
- + No Fiberglass * Plastic Nocks and Dacron Strings Ok. Tackle Restrictions Include: No Fiberglass or Compound Bows, Sights, Mechanical Releases Or Broadheads
- + There is a Children’s Archery event – The only Junior Archers allowed on main Archery Range are those Jr Buckskinners that have a Jr Buckskinner ID. NO CHILDREN are allowed on this range. Again Safety and Insurance Issue.
- * Fires must be kept in burn barrels in the Tin-Tee-Pee area with a fire bucket available. Please bring Your Own burn barrel (Metal Container). Primitive Camps must use burn barrels also but may have fire pits, if approved by Booshway, to meet the period correctness of your camp. Please make sure you have a practical fire bucket at each camp. Pits should be refilled and the sod replaced before you leave the rendezvous. Fires are allowed in accordance with state law and are subject to burn bans etc. depending on conditions. Please come prepared for open fire bans.
- * Pack Out What You Pack In – There is a collection station in Central – open every day.
- * All Food Vendors Must Have A Current Food Handlers Permit. Please send a copy with your pre-registration or present it when you register. There Will Be No Tailgating Allowed
- * Any And All Beverages Consumed In Primitive Camp Must Be In Period Containers or covered
- * Bring Your Guitars & Mouth Harps But Leave Your Boom Boxes At Home
- * Dogs, Drunks And Wild Kids Must Be Leashed Or Caged At All Times. Unleashed pets will be impounded and the owner will be charged $10 for the first offense, $20 for the second and removal for the duration of the Rendezvous for the third offense
- * The Grand Prize Drawings Will Be Held At Council Fire. Names Will Be Drawn From Registration Medallions and You Must Be Present To Win.
- * Come Early – Stay As Long As You Like – Enjoy The Tranquility Of Rendezvous……..
SHOOTERS CHECK THIS OUT !!!!!
*****SHOTGUN SHOOT – Deer Slayer (Dave Coombs) is excited to bring back the Shotgun Shoot! He is challenging those that have shotguns and love to shoot to “Come on Down”!!!!! Shotgun is scheduled for Friday morning at 9:00 am only. He’s planned a FUN Shoot!*****
*****SILHOUETTE SHOOT – Wolf BREATH (Keith McKlenahan) is putting on the Silhouette Shoot and has challenged all you Shooters – wolfie says “JUST HOW GOOD A SHOT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? come on down” *****
Here’s the scoop:
- * Silhouette Shoot is $3.00 per round (not included in Rondy regis) – Shoot as many rounds as you want… Rifle & Pistol scored separate.. Range is open Fri and Sat.
- * This is a split money prize ( Rifle & Pistol) – ½ to Shooter with highest score out of both days and ½ back to Company
- * PLUS BONUS PRIZE $ DONATED BY WOLFIE:
- o SCORE OF 15 GETS $100.
- o SCORE OF 16 GETS $200.
- o SCORE OF 17 GETS $300.
- o SCORE OF 18 GETS $400.
- o SCORE OF 19 GETS $500.
- o SCORE OF 20 GETS $1,000.
CANNON SHOOT – SATURDAY AFTERNOON – PLEASE CHECK THE CAMP AND RANGE RULES PAGE….
NOT YET SET IN STONE, EVENT SCHEDULE:
- * THURSDAY – CAMP GAMES, SEMINARS, STORY TELLING, CAMP DINNER- (PLEASE BRING A POT LUCK DISH TO SHARE AND YOUR OWN UTENSILS)
- * FRIDAY – ALL EVENTS INCLUDING SHOTGUN SHOOT IN THE MORNING
- * SATURDAY – ALL EVENTS INCLUDING CANNON SHOOT IN THE AFTERNOON
- * SUNDAY – COUNCIL AT 10:00 AM UNTIL CLOSED – NO ONE ALLOWED INTO PRIMITIVE AREA OR TRADERS ROW FOR TEAR DOWN UNTIL AFTER COUNCIL PLEASE !!!! WE ADVERTISE TO THE PUBLIC OPEN ½ DAY ON SUNDAY….
TRADERS – PRE-REGISTRATION FOR SPOT IS REQUIRED. PLEASE SEE THE “TRADER PAGE”
Your wares must be authentic to the pre-1840 era and our Trade Commissioner will enforce that requirement. Blanket traders are welcome – with no tailgating allowed. All food vendors are required to have a food handler’s permit. Traders and campers are always welcome early. Please make arrangements ahead of time. Any questions please contact, Crawdad (Fred Torres) 435-673-9810 – Trade Commissioner.
- * For More Information Contact:
- * Website: www.anasazifreetrappers.org
- * 2013 Booshway:
- * Soaring Bird – (Al Hone)
- * 801-367-5560 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- * Captain/Scribe: Joe/Vikki Wilde (Stoneman/JawBreaker)
- * 1981 W 1030 N – St George, UT 84770
- * 435-673-9426
- * Email: email@example.com
- * Segundo: Al Haberman (BarkingBeard)
- * 435-669-0058
- * Trade Commissioner:
- * Fred Torres (Crawdad)
- * 1071 E 740 N – St George, UT 84770
- * 435-673-9810
- * Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- * REGISTRATION FEES
- * Visitors………………………No Charge
- * Camping……………………………$ 25
- * Camping w/OneShooter……….…..$ 40
- * Each Additional Shooter………..…..$ 10
- * Family Max………………..………..$ 65
- * (Special Rules Apply)
- * Walk-On Shooters………..………..$ 35
- * Traders………………………………$ 55
- * Tin Tee Pee Camping……….………$ 25
- * Coming From The South – Las Vegas etc.
- * Take Exit 6 (Bluff St./State Hwy 18) off Interstate 15 (I-15) in St. George
- * Follow Bluff St/Hwy 18 approx. 24.9 miles north
- * Watch for Rendezvous signs
- * Turn left on dirt road and follow signs – approx ½ mile off highway
- * Coming From The North – SLC etc.
- * Take Exit 59 (200 North) off Interstate 15 (I-15) in Cedar City
- * Travel approx 36.3 miles
- * Turn left on State Hwy 18, follow signs showing Central, Veyo & St. George.
- * Travel approx. 25.5 miles
- * Watch for Rendezvous signs
- * Turn right on dirt road and follow signs – approx 1/2 mile off highway
YOU CAN COME AS EARLY AND STAY AS LONG AS YOU WOULD LIKE.